There is a blockage. However, it is very deep inside the liver and, according to GH's oncologist, it cannot be reached surgically to be corrected.
So we're in a holding pattern.
GH's oncologist is looking into options for us. We will meet with her next Wednesday to see what she proposes. She mentioned something about an exterior drain (?), but we're not really sure what the deal is. We were both in a bit of shock when we heard the news, so didn't think to ask coherent questions. We do have her cell phone number and may well be using it this weekend once we pull together a list of questions.
Guess you'll have to keep those fingers, etc. crossed, if you don't mind. As GH said, "This can't be the end of our story. It just can't."