We had a surprisingly calm, normal evening last night. I think I'll be OK until Friday, when I go to the hospital with GH for the test. There's nothing I hate more than waiting for test results, so Friday will be a stressful day.
A bit more info about the situation. A stat read was done on GH's CT scan yesterday, and that did not reveal any obvious blockages in the main bile ducts. This does not mean that there is no blockage, but it is troublesome. The imaging that will be done on Friday will give us a much better picture of things.
As I mentioned, if there is a blockage, GH will have surgery same-day to place a shunt as a work-around. He will probably have to stay overnight at the hospital for this. As it would happen, my father-in-law arrives for the weekend tomorrow afternoon, so I will have another set of hands on deck to help me with the babies. He's way more calm and rational than my mother-in-law, which is good. He's also less comfortable with baby care, but I know he'll do what he can.
The twins are usually home with me on Fridays, but I've made arrangements for them to be at daycare so that I can go to the hospital with GH. Add to the list of reasons I [heart] my daycare: they are keeping the twins tomorrow gratis as a gift to me and GH. The told me not to worry about the time as far as when I could pick them up in the afternoon, and they offered to help out anytime over the weekend if we need anything. They are awesome.
Emotionally, I'm still taking things in. As I said, I think Friday will be my day to get hit with the reality of it all.
Keep the fingers crossed and the thoughts and prayers coming. It all helps, and it's all appreciated.