18 February 2008

To the M and the N and the L and the N

I got the keeper, you got the loser. I lost my keeper, you are one tough mama who is getting rid of her loser.

A few months ago, when I checked my e-mail, I had a message from you. I did a double-take: MN e-mailed me? Personally? To say some really nice, supportive, flattering things? Me?! Really?! Yes, it was true. I felt like the coolest kid on the block. 

As you know if it were at all possible, I'd build us a house full of light, far away from the losers, where we could watch the kids play and lean on each other. All I can offer now is my virtual support and ear. Your love for your daughter and your determination to make a good life for her and yourself despite so many obstacles are admirable. There are many people out here pulling for you. You're a tough cookie. We'll help in any way we can.

I still can't believe you e-mailed me. 

11 comments:

Mouthy Girl said...

Completely lost here but loving that someone's getting rid of the LOSER. I love it when women wake up and shove the shit out the door.

~ Jolene said...

this post was a little confusing! haha. :) It sounded like good stuff though.

Andria said...

It sounds like someone has made the first, and hardest, step of gaining their life back. Cheers to her!

Anonymous said...

A different end to a marriage- a different grief. I wish your friend luck.

Eugenie said...

I've been lurking on this site for waaay too long, and quietly borrowing any little ray of strength and light you throw out there. I used some it to lose my loser the day after Christmas and, when days are tough, I check in to see what's up with you. Whether you know it or not, your grace is an abundant gift not just to those blessed enough to know you in real life, but to all who find their ways to your words. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

It took me a few moments, but I finally got it. :) The amount of positive energy, prayer and strength (not that she needs the last one!) being sent to MN via the Internets is really life-affirming to see/read. The world seems less enormous and scary somehow. Thank you.

OTRgirl said...

It's weird and cool to get to know people from on-line. Esp. when it feel like they are 'famous' compared to one's ordinary self. This is a neat post. It's fun to see how people responded to the MN-athon.

Anonymous said...

Snick, you posted the other day about what great friends you have and how you didn't feel like you were giving back. What you did today just proves how wrong you were. When someone is in need, you are right there, you go girl!!

Julia said...

I, too, am lost. But glad someone is taking steps to a better life for herself and her child. As tough as I am sure it is/will be.

mlg said...

my question is this.. how many of us who didn't understand this cryptic post saw ourselves in it? Yikes. I have to say that I did.

Sunny said...

Snick, did you see this?
http://belovedbabbling.blogspot.com/