23 November 2007

MeMe Meme

Angla at Toronto Gyopo (who, I'm happy to report, is back to the blog after taking a summer vacation) has tagged me to share eight random things about myself with you all.

Meme Rules: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.

1. I wear flip-flops when I shower, even at home. It's a holdover frommy Peace Corps days, when all showers were scary places when barefoot. It felt so odd not to wear them after three years of flip-flops in the shower that I just never went back to going without.

2. One year in college, I made a New Year's resolution to floss every night. I think I've missed fewer than ten nights in the 15 years since then.

3. On a related note, when I was in college, I was told by my dentist to stop brushing my teeth so much. I was wearing away my enamel. I brushed an average of five times a day back then.

4. I am a seriously not picky eater, but two things I really, really can't stand are banana chips and alfalfa sprouts. If there is one sprout in my salad or on my sandwich, the whole thing tastes like dirt to me.

5. No matter how tired I am, I have to read for a few minutes before I go to sleep or I won't sleep well. Sometimes, I'll be exhausted an skip this step, and it never works out for me.

6. I don't intend to have any more children. But I would really love to be pregnant again. I adored being pregnant. I even jokingly told my RE that I'd consider being a surrogate. He looked me right in the eye and said, "Do not joke about that because I will call you." I think I'm too old, though, and I know there's no guarantee that I'd have an easy pregnancy again. I guess the real point of this drivel is that I'd love to be pregnant again, but for a number of reasons, I just don't see that happening.

7. I love my life and my friends in Boston, but only two places in the world have ever felt like home to me: Portland, OR (where I grew up) , and Monterey, CA (where I went to grad school).

8. In the week or so after my wedding, when John and I were home, but he still didn't have his diagnosis, I clearly remember thinking, "What's going to happen? This kind of happiness is not sustainable." And I guess it wasn't. I just didn't expect to find out so soon.

I feel like I'm a little late to the party on this meme, so I'm not going to tag anyone. But if you want to do it, step right up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always feel #8, like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop, so I understand completely.

Anonymous said...

I was told that too. Stop brushing so much and so furiously. At 41 I know why; I have a mouthful of sensitive teeth!

Really? Not sure I could do another pregnancy without the big pay off! I had a singleton pregnancy, a gawd awful sick one where I miscarried at 3 mos. and my last one, the twins.

Ok, now really thinking you are a saint ;) The twin pregnancy was HARD! I was skipping down the hallways within hours of having them I felt so darn good and lightweight! And this is your only experience in pregnancy? You should be a surrogate someday. Think of the pleasure and joy you could bring a couple!

Mouthy Girl said...

Like you, I loved being pregnant. I didn't care that I was sick most of the time. I adored that incubation period with gusto!

I've often mentioned that I'd be a surrogate as well. I may be 36, but I still think my uterus is in good shape for this job.c

Lucky said...

I loved pregnancy and childbirth. I love epidurals. If they sold those on the street...I would be in trouble.
I loved learning those things about you. Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

Great meme, I loved parts of being pregnant to be sure, I've thought about it and don't think I could be a surrogate, but I am so proud of the women that do it, I can't imagine the courage it takes, so kudos to them:)

I wish I could remember to floss daily!

Tiffany said...

I have to read before bed every night too. After Mikayla's easy pregnancy I knew that I could easily do that again - now that I am pregnant with number 2, working full time and chasing a 2 1/2 year old it is MUCH harder! After this one I am done! My biggest complaint is I feel HUGE (but I am over 7 months pregnant) and my back. Walking 10 minutes is difficult now.