23 November 2007

Two Laughs the Day after Thanksgiving

I did yoga today for the first time in a long time. Two friends and I did a Rodney Yee tape. Between keeping one collective eye on the twins and guffawing at Mr. Yee's equipment (seriously, does he have a sock in there?), it wasn't exactly a strenuous workout. But I've been bad about exercising lately, and I tend to have tight hamstrings under the best of circumstances, so the downward dogs nearly did me in. One of my friends was having the same issue, leading to this exchange during a particularly long version of the pose:

Me: (stealing a glance at the TV) I can't believe we're still in this position. Mr. Yee, show some mercy!
Friend: I know. What an asshole.

Maybe you had to be there, but man, I hadn't laughed that hard in a while.

*********************
I also got a good laugh out of watching Ri-Man play with my friend's teenage son's iPod. He was blaring the 50 Cent, holding the headphones up to his ears and rocking out. Preview of coming attractions, coming sooner than I ever would have thought.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ri-Man sounds just like my (now 6) son Ben, who adored music even as a teeny-tiny guy. It was so sweet. I'm so glad that you got a good laugh in there.

Mouthy Girl said...

Oooooh I love myself some 50 Cent. You give Ri a hi-five for me. Buddha loves music as well. His standard request when we get in the car:

Tunes, Mommy. Tunes.