21 June 2006

Final Checklist

Anesthesia pre-op appointment: DONE
Bag packed: DONE (thanks to many of you who had good suggestions on what to pack)
Art hung in babies' room: DONE
iPod, camera battery, cell phone, and Palm charged: DONE

And a final Q&A:
Did I cry at my anesthesia interview when the nurse was talking to me about holding the babies? YES
Is GH allowed to take pictures/video in the OR? YES, ALTHOUGH I'M NOT SURE HOW I FEEL ABOUT THAT
What was the final weight gain? 46 POUNDS
What was the final "waist" measurement? 47" AROUND
How sad am I about not being able to eat after midnight? VERY, VERY SAD
What time do we have to leave for the hospital? 7:15AM EST
What time will the babies arrive? AROUND 11:00AM EST
How long will I be in the hospital? UNTIL SUNDAY OR MONDAY
How worried am I that my in-laws will drive me insane? QUITE, ALTHOUGH GH IS ON THE CASE AND WILL RUN INTERFERENCE
How much am I looking forward to eating sushi? A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT
And drinking a glass of red wine? YES, YES, VERY MUCH
What are our plans for the evening? SPEND SOME JUST-THE-TWO-OF-US TIME TOGETHER, TRY TO GET SOME SLEEP, EAT LOTS OF ICE CREAM

Tomorrow we will meet our children. HOLY SHIT. (Pardon the French.)

I'll be back when I can. There will be pictures. And much joy.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I can't wait for the stories!

Yankee, Transferred said...

I cannot believe it's here! Oh my GOODNESS! I am so excited-for gawdsake you'd think they were mine! I cannot WAIT to see pictures and hear all the news. I'll send an extra positive thought out there when I look at the moon tonight. Lucky, lucky, four of you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck- I've been gone a few days and you posted 6 posts- I guess the nesting instinct kicked in. Hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow- can't wait to see pictures.

Just Me said...

I'm a lurker and have wanted to say hi for a while. Anyway, good luck!

luolin said...

Another lurker wishing you well.

Unknown said...

So very excited for you all--I can't wait to hear about your new family members!
love and strength to you all.

SWH said...

:) I hope today is wonderful and can't wait for an update on all of you!

Christine said...

Good luck, Snick -- we'll be thinking of ya.

Anonymous said...

Best wishes for a joyful experience! Looking forward to reading all about it.