I love a good procrastination tool. Thanks, OTRGirl.
20 years ago I . . .
1. started playing the oboe, devoting upwards of 3 hours a day to practicing.
2. was geeky, studious, and socially awkward.
3. thought high school would never end, and it had only just begun.
10 years ago I . . .
1. was serving in the Peace Corps in Gabon, Central Africa as a teacher and textbook writer.
2. made a lot of poor decisions regarding my love life.
3. took an amazing vacation in West Africa.
5 years ago I . . .
1. had finally found a job I enjoyed, the job I still have today.
2. was having a hard time watching all my friends get married while I continued to make poor decisions about my love life.
3. was an avid folk dancer, a hobby I have since left behind and sometimes miss.
3 years ago I . . .
1. met GH. We went on our first date on 5 April 2003, got engaged eight months later, and got married eight months after that.
2. sometimes didn't feel like I deserved to be as happy as I was.
3. started actively working on taking better care of myself emotionally.
1 year ago I . . .
1. went on my belated honeymoon, a cruise in the Caribbean.
2. had major abdominal surgery in preparation for trying to have a baby.
3. was so, so happy to see spring arrive after what was undoubtedly the hardest winter of my life.
So far this year I . . .
1. have jumped through a lot of hurdles to become pregnant with twins.
2. have enjoyed owning a condo and, with GH, making it our home.
3. have learned more and more about cancer, far more than I really wanted to know.
Yesterday I . . .
1. took a yoga class.
2. had a long-overdue lunch with a friend.
3. tried a new recipe for dinner, a yummy, simple pasta with spring veggies and parmesan. (Thank you, Moosewood cookbook.)
Today I . . .
1. will go to the clinic with GH to be with him when he starts a new round of chemotherapy.
2. plan to devote the evening to doing a whole lot of nothing: leftovers for dinner, Lost at 9:00, maybe a nap in between.
3. will get to see how the paint we chose for the twins' room looks on the walls.
Tomorrow I will . . .
1. not go to Anatomy class, because it is cancelled! Hooray!
2. instead go to my best friend's surprise baby shower.
3. take a morning swim at the Y.
In the next year I will . . .
1. become a mom. Yikes!
2. get back to running after taking a break during pregnancy; already have the jog stroller ready to go out on the bike path.
3. continue to do everything I can to support GH in his fight against cancer.
In the next minute I will tag . . .
1. Yankee Transplant
(But only if y'all have the time and inclination.)