Crash Course Widow gave me an award!
This is very flattering because Crash Course Widow is really, really awesome. I hate that our most striking common bond is young widowhood, but we have other, cooler things in common, too, such as awesome kids and geography (I grew up near where she lives now).
I confess that I have been given awards in the past and have been TOO LAME to post the links or do the follow-up. I am bad. As previously documented, I'm the same way with memes. So to those of you who have ever given me an award, I take this opportunity to apologize. And to Crash Course Widow: thanks for kicking my awarded ass into gear.
And now, 'tis up to me to award it forward. Here goes:
1. I Won't Fear Love. Julia always makes me think. Plus she's a great cook.
2. Kitchen Fire. Rachel was one of my first Internet friends. She has a Steinbeckian knack for saying a lot in a few words.
3. Sojournering. OTRgirl was another early reader/commenter. I love to live vicariously through her work and extracurricular adventures.
4. Better Make It a Double. Emmie is wise soul, inspirational mother, and good human. She has made me a better parent on both practical and philosophical levels.
5. Et al. Dorcasina is the chairwoman of the Saddest Club of All. "Lucky" her. She routinely articulates things that I didn't even know I was feeling.
6. Blog of Keen. Keen is one of my best friends in real life. She should blog more. Twins, work, whatever. Priorities, Keen, priorities.
7. LoveDrunk. Annagrace is another real-life friend. She is married to the guy I dated in high school. CRAZY. They just had their second baby. The baby is really cute. So is her big sister. So is Annagrace, who is also a thoughtful and patient mother and brilliant writer.
There you have it. Those of you I nominated, here are the rules:
- The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
- Link to the person you received your award from.
- Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
- Put links of those blogs on yours.
- Leave a message on the blogs of the people you’ve nominated.