- Sleep through the night for realz. As in 7:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. with nary a peep that I heard, despite the fact that you spit up the Motrin and teething tablets that I forced upon you while you got ready for bed.
- Decide you love broccoli. Eat a big bowl of broccoli soup at school, then eat a few pieces of raw broccoli and a few pieces of cooked broccoli at dinner. Screw the grilled cheese sandwich: give me more broccoli!
- Select, for the second time this week, a pink flowered shirt and orange velour pants to wear to school.
- Insist on giving your sister a hug before bed even though she runs away from you as you approach. Back her into a corner and give the hug anyway.
- Laugh like there's nothing more fun in the world when I help you do somersaults in the playroom.
- Walk me to the door when it's time to say goodbye at school, then stand at the door and demand a hug and kiss before I can go. A kiss! Kisses are not usually your thing.
Love you, Ri-Man.