01 March 2007

Taking Matters into My Own Hands

Last night, I had resolved to take some action. Enough whining! Enough complaining! Time to DO something. I had decided that I would either start a new exercise regime (my best friend and I ordered the T-Tapp system, which is highly recommended by the wise Moxie of Ask Moxie) or take a look around for a new job.

Ah, the best intentions.

Neither of those things happened. BUT! Instead, I cooked a real dinner. I love to cook and with the babies, I just don't get much of a chance to cook anything but basic survival meals. I didn't make anything fancy last night, but it was still fun to cook something comforting and hearty for me and GH. GH's weight has been down, so I've been doing what I can to stuff him full of calories and get it back up, and one thing he had asked me to make was Spicy Sichuan Noodles, a Cook's Illustrated favorite of ours. I made a double batch, and we ate with gusto. I even drank a beer. MMM. Once my belly was full of noodles and beer, there was no way I was going to exercise or look for a job. GH and I hit the couch for yet another episode of Grey's Anatomy. All in all, it was a really nice evening and a good way for me to relax and get some perspective.

Tonight: T-Tapp or job search. Or maybe more noodles and beer.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Yum! Eh, plenty of time to do all those things later. I'm glad you got some R and R.

I love to cook too, and I was always frustrated at not being able to cook creatively with Bella underfoot when she was small. I love Everyday Food magazine. Interesting recipes, but simple and fast enough to cook if you have small kids. I also love Nigella for the same reason.

Anonymous said...

Yum is right! Sounds delish! Glad you and GH had some time together to just veg with one another. Have the kids done fine coming back to east coast time?

Good luck on the T-tapp and/or job search....but noodles and beer sound so much more fulfulling:)

Yankee, Transferred said...

Sounds really good!

OTRgirl said...

It's nice to have a 'home' night, esp. after just getting back from vacation.

I love dinner and a cozy movie.

Regarding your last post, *sigh*. You have my sympathy. All the responses I keep trying to verbalize sound hokey or morbid but I wanted to let you know I hear you. Hope you and yours are all starting to feel better soon.

Rev Dr Mom said...

That sounds really good--the noodles, the beer, and time with your beloved.

If you ever have time to post that recipe, I would love it!

kim said...

The noodles and beer alternative sounds delish. Maybe toss in some dessert tonight too? :)

Snickollet said...

Kim, funny you should mention dessert. Last night we polished off a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's Magic Brownie. MMM!

Angela said...

That's great that you took some time to cook and had a great meal and relaxed. I see that you posted the recipe, looks very, very yummy, I'll have to try it, thanks for sharing.