22 November 2006

Giving Thanks

Before I get to my real post, a quick Happy Birthday to Maddie and Riley who turn five months old today. Hooray, little ones!

I was tagged by Rachel over at Kitchen Fire with a Thanksgiving-appropriate meme.

It was fun to think both of these lists through. I could have added more things to both lists, but here's what came out first:

10 Shallow Things I'm Grateful For
1. Getting out of work early today so that I can rendez-vous with GH and go to the movies before we have to pick the twins up from day care
2. Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe Joe cookies
3. The phone in the supply closet where I pump three times a day
4. Fleece pants, fleece tops, fleece blankets, fleece in general
5. The heated seats in my Forester
6. Decaf coffee
7. Blockbuster.com--I love renting TV shows on DVD
8. Football and baseball seasons (Go Blue! Go Pats! Go Colts! [I love Peyton Manning] Go Sox!)
9. Being able to eat whatever I want and not gain weight while I'm breastfeeding the twins
10. Dim sum at China Pearl on Sunday mornings

10 Things I'm Genuinely Grateful For
1. Every day my husband is alive
2. My marriage--I never expected that being married would be so amazing
3. My children
4. The good relationship I have with my parents and extended family and the love and respect we show each other even during very trying times
5. My health
6. The amazing health insurance that GH, the twins, and I have
7. Having enough money to pay our bills every month without stressing out about it
8. The connections I've made through blogging
9. The love and support I give to and receive from my friends
10. All of the incredible things I've been able to do with my life up until now--go to college, live overseas, join the Peace Corps, go to graduate school, live all over the US, get married, buy a house, have children. Many people never get to do one of those things, let alone all of them. And who knows what the future will bring?

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Wishing you peace and love.

2 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the terrific little family! So glad you're a foursome this year! Double the size of the family, in the blink of an eye. Peace and health to you all.

Rachel said...

Thanks for playing along. Mmm, dim sum. Happy Thanksgiving!