18 July 2006

And Back It Goes

Yesterday was a much better day. Today is also going well. It can all turn on a dime, day by day, even hour by hour. For now, all is well.

In 20 minutes I have a phone "interview" of sorts with the woman who was given the promotion that I wanted. She is an outside candidate, relocating from the midwest. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to say to her. Well, that's not true. I want to ask her how she thinks my role can expand working with her since not getting the promotion makes me feel like I'm at a career dead-end at this workplace. We'll see how it goes.

For now, the babies are quiet, we're trying not to melt away in near 100°F heat, and I'm looking forward to an air-conditioned car ride after the next feeding. The babies and I are going to accompany GH to his weekly blood test. Whee! Fun times! But the a/c makes it all worth it. Sigh.

4 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

you need a window unit! It's way too hot for you and the babies, and GH, too, I'm sure!

Pixxiee said...

Just saw your blog...read the whole thing last night (was a slow evening in our household!) Your twins are just gorgeous...I hope GH continues on for a very very long time and sees them grow up.

soralis said...

Oh my no a/c that sounds awful!

Glad to hear you are having a good day!

Take care

OTRgirl said...

I'm jumping on the forget-the-environment-you-need-to-survive bandwagon! Hope the bloodwork turned out well.