14 June 2006

Putting a Face to a Blog

On Monday, I had the pleasure of meeting OTRgirl in person. She had a layover in my town, and we met up for a hour or so of lemonade and chit-chat on a gorgeous, warm, sunny day.

It was so fun to put a face to her blog, and to hear her say things that I could imagine reading on her site. At the same time, it was odd to know so many details about someone's present and so few details about someone's past. She pointed out that part of her wanted to ask "getting to know you" questions, but somehow that seemed less interesting or important that talking about the present that we already know.

In any case, we certainly didn't lack for things to talk about, and the time flew by. Wish she lived closer, wish that the chance to meet other bloggers came up more frequently. But I'm grateful that any of us out there in the computer manage to find each other at all.

2 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

I love a blogger meet-up myself.

weigook saram said...

It's cool that you met OTRgirl. I like meeting other bloggers/ readers. But sometimes it's stressful, because I feel sort of exposed.