I've been tagged by Leggy to post "Six Weird Things about Me." I thought it would be easy to come up with six bits of quirkiness, but it proved more difficult that I thought. I had to enlist the help of my best friend, who revels in pointing out my oddities. Even she had trouble! But I think I finally have six. Without further ado:
1. I always wear flip-flops in the shower. Yes, even in my own home. When I travel, I bring flip-flops so as to never be caught without them. I'm not particularly germ- or dirt-phobic, and I don't mind actually being in the shower without the flip-flops. What I hate is stepping onto the bathmat with wet feet. Ugh. Icky.
2. I will not eat food shaped like animals. I occasionally make exceptions. What really bothers me is eating the face. I will eat gummy bears, but that's because they are not recognizable to me as animals.
3. I love to cook, but I never taste as I go along. I rely solely on how things look and smell. I don't like to taste until completion. I recognize that this is not necessarily a good method. Exception: cookie dough.
4. I am very scared of the dark. Yes, I'm a grown woman, but I have to sleep with a nightlight on and know where flashlights are in the house at all times, just in case of power failure.
5. I don't know exactly how to describe it (and a photo would be kind of gross), but when I'm barefoot, I like to hook my toes together. I do this in bed, in the summertime when I'm not wearing shoes, etc.
6. Another bodily, less gross, oddity: I have double-jointed shoulders and toes. I have to be really careful when I put my arms up over my head and stretch that I don't pop my shoulder out of the socket. Ouch!
I'll probably think of more interesting quirks later on. If so, I will add.
As for tagging people, I'll just leave it open-ended. If you think this would be fun, do it!