13 March 2006

Now that's what I call a weekend!

Ah, this weekend was so much better than last. We started things off with a nice movie date. We ended up seeing Mrs. Henderson Presents starting Judi Dench. It was just what we wanted: fairly light, good acting, a diversion rather than a thinking movie.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing regular weekend things, albeit with the special joy of having been robbed of such pleasures the weekend before. We had some friends over for dinner, we slept late and ate lazy breakfasts, we got some errands run. Among our errands, we finally got frames for some "art" that we want to hang on the big, blank wall in our bedroom . . . I'd read in some magazine about framing handmade/decorative paper, and we decided to go that route. It's inexpensive and can easily be changed. We framed a piece of paper that matches what covers our wedding guestbook, then got a couple of other pieces to compliment that. Hopefully we'll get those hung tonight. It was nice to do something for our place, for us.

The other noteworthy thing that happened over the weekend is that we both got totally addicted to Sudoku puzzles. We'd done a few here and there, but my mom sent us a big book of them and now we're officially hooked. We need to get another book because we're squabbling over whose turn it is to do a puzzle. It's taking me forever to get through the book I'm currently reading because I keep doing Sudoku instead! Also, I'm not really into my book. It's the first Rushdie I've read, and while I love his writing, the story itself is getting on my nerves. I need to go to my online library account and reserve the next book in the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series. That's the kind of book I want to read right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to read this. By the way, The B is totally addicted to Sudoku too!

Anonymous said...

By the way, been thinking about you today as we dig out of a "major snow event" (according to weatherman). I'm headed out of town tomorrow on biz, so not sure when I can write. But very glad to read these latest entries!