02 August 2007

ESFJ

I've always wondered about my personality type. Evidently, I am an ESFJ.

Click to view my Personality Profile page

[from the site]
ESFJ: The Supporter

ESFJs are social butterflies that value relationships, supporting and nurturing others. Never one to shy away from social events, they are often the host. They are great encouragers of teamwork. ESFJs are responsible, dutiful, observe traditions and follow rules. ESFJs have a deep concern for others and often end up as caretakers. They are sensitive to criticism and have a need to be appreciated for the good they do for others. ESFJs are understanding, generous, have a quick wit and a knack for composition and beautification.

None of this is inaccurate. I do love to host people at my home, and I have a healthy respect of rules. And I am responsible. Some of the questions on the quiz were tough, though. Would I rather spend a free at home by myself or in the company of friends? Well, I enjoy both, it just depends on what kind of week I've had.

ESFJ seems to be code for "professional enabler." I have always struggled with enabling. Guess I might not be over it yet! (Not that I think an online survey is the be all, end all of diagnosing my personality type, mind you.)

14 comments:

Glory Laine said...

ENFJ here!

Anonymous said...

I am an ESFJ all the way -- evaluated by a professional service at a work retreat.

Arwen said...

Most of the online tests have been pretty accurate from what I've taken. I've taken the official Myers-Briggs and I get the same result from all online personality tests that I did from the official test. I am an INFP.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Your scores are pretty balanced, eg. 58% E. That's really a good thing in a lot of ways. Mine tend to be more extreme. Every version of the Myers Briggs type test I've ever taken I tend to be 90-100% I.

Anonymous said...

You must stop sending me to these things! I'm not going to know who I am anymore unless I consult with an online test first.

That being said *ahem* ...excuse me while I go find out my personality type...

Cathy said...

Your E and your S are pretty balanced -- which means you might slide a little to the I and N side. Look at INFJ and see if that fits you better. Anytime those sections are in the 50s I think you need to look at the shadow sides.

amyinbc said...

Apparently I am a INFJ - The "Confidant". Sounds about right to me.

uberimma said...

Me too! I did the whole Myers-Briggs years ago and don't remember what I came out as then--although I think a lot of my answers would have changed since then.

Anonymous said...

I'm an eNTj, so I'm like Napoleon Bonaparte, haha. The MBTI was my favorite typology test when I was an undergrad in psychology.

Now imagine living in a household where you are an eNTj, and your mother is an eStJ...talk about explosive!

- A

Anonymous said...

Wow - I took the test and read about my "type" and felt that they were writing about me! How could they be so accurate from so few questions? If I had known myself better could I have avoided some of the pitfalls of my type? Very interesting...

OTRgirl said...

I've had a copy of Please Understand Me since college. Back then I was an ENFP. I took the on-line version and fully expected to have changed a bit. I know I answered questions differently. I've changed since college! Yet, I remain the same. Closer to the middle on most of them, but still "The Advocate" vocal, creative, charming and a little bit inconsistent.

You're obviously bored at work...

Anonymous said...

I've never been anything but an INFJ. No matter where and when I take this test, I'm an INFJ.

Thank you for the link! Had some fun.

Lila

Wendy Power said...

ISFJ here, but a soft I. Sometimes I really need my peeps.

Christine said...

I think those tests are fascinating. Like amy, I am an INFJ, the most rare personality type. A little self-introspection is a good thing.