GH does not have to stay in the hospital tonight! But:
1. He definitely has an ear infection.
2. He SOUNDS like he has pneumonia, but the x-ray doesn't LOOK like pneumonia.
3. His white cells are low, so the whole shebang appears viral rather than bacterial BUT his white cells might just be suppressed b/c of chemo.
4. In case it's bacterial, they're giving him an antibiotic. The antibiotic of choice is, of course, something to which he is allergic. So he's getting something else that tends to cause stomach upset. "Great."
5. We have to chart his fever and call if he gets worse or fails to get better.
I'm just glad he'll be home tonight. Even if he is too sick to help with the babies, the idea of him not being there is scary for the symbolism of it. I need the four of us to be under the same roof. I'm not ready to be three, even on a trial basis.