11 October 2006

The Babyphone

So I pump three times a day at work to generate the requisite amount of milk the babies need each day at daycare. I do my pumping in a glorified closet since I work in a cube and that would just not be OK. The closet is OK, actually. I set up a cardboard box to use as a table and I use the time away from my desk to relax and recharge. I bring a book with me and chill out.

I also bring my cell phone and use the time to get caught up on calls. But I hate using my anytime minutes. Today, when I first got to work, I went to see our Business Systems Manager and asked him if there was a phone jack in the closet. Sure enough, there is. He agreed to set me up.

I just got a call from the Babyphone. Hooray! Let the pumptime socializing begin!

4 comments:

bg's Little Sis said...

Don't laugh to loud, the others might get bad ideas, hehe, that is so funny, love the visual, who's going to walk in and interrupt you there knowing you're pumping right!

Yankee, Transferred said...

you are a hoot.

OTRgirl said...

What a great solution! Who needs a promotion or another job when you've got a baby phone and a private closet?

All jokes aside, I'm sorry to hear about GH and the lack of new job.

soralis said...

Babyphone, in the closet. I have a very interesting picture in my head!

Take care