30 October 2006

And the winner is . . .

No one! GH and I were both totally off on the twins' weights. They weighed in at:

Maddie: 14lbs 7oz
Riley: 14lbs 14oz

More than double their birth weights on both counts. They are getting big, just not as big as we thought.

All went well, even the shots. I'd been pretty nervous about the appointment because GH couldn't go with me and I was worried about consoling two unhappy campers post-shots. But we have a great pediatrician who helped out and got one of the nurses to help, too. It all went off as well as it could have, really. The kids cried while getting the shots (Who can blame them?) but calmed right down with some holding and nursing. The day care didn't call me, so they must not have been too unhappy this afternoon.

I was pleased that my pediatrician did not push starting solids too early and agreed that if Riley sleeps better in his car seat for now, let the man sleep in his car seat. She feels that he will outgrow that need to feel confined, but until then, no reason to torture him or us. Hooray!

I can't wait to go home and see them and GH. Only 15 more minutes at work.

For fun, here's a picture of me and the twins taken just yesterday. I think this is the first time I've posted a picture of myself online. Huh. Here I go, throwing caution to the wind!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello lovelies! I don't know how it happened but you look almost exactly as I pictured you.

weigook saram said...

Well, I see where the babes get their good looks. :) Glad the visit went well.

Rev Dr Mom said...

Your babies are soooo cute. And I love your glasses.

Glad the pediatrician trip went well.

Anonymous said...

So cute! All of you!

Angela said...

All of you look great, love the babies chubby cheeks! Happy to hear the shots went well.

Anonymous said...

You look lovely, and so do your babes :). Thanks for sharing!

Yankee, Transferred said...

Three beautiful people! Great photo!

OTRgirl said...

As mentioned, the glasses are fabulous. I love that they match your sweater. I've been very into orange lately. I'll post a photo of the portfolio I'm constructing once I finish it. Orange and green, but it will look better than that sounds.

Your kids are so cute! And you look great, you don't even look tired.

soralis said...

Glad to hear that you got the shots overwith. I had to go twice without my husband it wasn't fun at all!! :)

Thanks for sharing the photo... you all look wonderful! (especially you considering the sleep deprivation!!!)

Take care